K-ETA is an electronic travel authorization that visa-free foreign visitors need to obtain before entering the Republic of Korea, by submitting relevant information online such as their travel information.
- Purpose of travel should be tourism, visiting a family member, participating in events or meetings, or commercial business (excluding pursuit of profit). Starting May 2021, you can travel to Korea more conveniently and safely by getting your K-ETA.
- Following the implementation of K-ETA since September 1st 2021, nationals of 112 countries/regions who were eligible for visa-free entry now should apply for K-ETA for the issuance of the boarding pass. However, due to COVID-19, currently, ONLY ① nationals of 107 countries/regions visa-free entry is available and ② ‘Priority Entry(Business) Persons’ of the 5 visa-free entry suspended countries/regions as an exception can apply for K-ETA.
- Please regularly check the official K-ETA website(https://www.k-eta.go.kr/portal/apply/index.do?locale=EN) or mobile app to find which countries/regions are visa-free entry and eligible for requiring K-ETA.
- K-ETA authorization is generally valid for multiple trips over a period of two years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. (Application fee – 10,000KRW/person)
- Those who have obtained K-ETA permission are exempted from filling out the entry form when entering the country, so they can conveniently undergo immigration.
- Please note that the information entered cannot be modified once the application is submitted. In case of submitting incorrect application, you need to re-apply for K-ETA. Make sure all information is filled in correctly before making a payment.
- Please keep in mind that the assessment can take more than 72 hours depending of the situation (ex, an increased number of K-ETA applications, applicants’ circumstances, etc.).
- K-ETA is NOT a visa. K-ETA approval does not guarantee admission to the Republic of Korea. A Korea Immigration Service officer at a port of entry will have the final determination.
- K-ETA Center is providing foreign language consultation in English, Russian, and Thai. Please leave your inquiries through the official K-ETA website [www.k-eta.go.kr – Notice – Questions]. (Weekdays from 09:00~12:00, 13:00~18:00 KST)